Idle notification with kolab

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Aug 25 22:30:58 CEST 2006

Am Dienstag, 20. Juni 2006 23:40 schrieb Vladislav Tchernev:
> Does anyone know how to setup cyrus imap to notifies the clients
> immediately when any changes to a folder occur on Debian. I have enabled
> this :
>
>   # this is only necessary if using idled for IMAP IDLE
>   idled         cmd="idled"
>
> in the /kolab/etc/imapd/cyrus.conf but it doesn't solve my problem.

According to the documentation, not giving a special build option
would mean that Cyrus uses the method "poll" which works without a special
daemon. The poll time can be configured in imapd.conf (see its manpage).
So I would assume that it just works. Of the client need to be  prepared
to do this.

Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner, www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator, fsfeurope.org       (Non-Profit Org for Free Software)