filter rules server-ased?

Markus Heller markus at relix.de
Tue Sep 6 15:39:09 CEST 2005

Dear community,

I have a question, as I was away the last week, and I have installed
squirrelmail to access my emails from outside.

Since I have registeres on a number of mailing lists, I get about 300 mails
per day, most of which will be filtered away into certain folders.

When I was away, I logged into squirrelmail and I saw more than 1800 email in
my inbox! Not having had my kontact / kmail client I assume that the
filtering is all done on the client side.

Is there a way to do the filtering on the server side? (I have the feeling
that Sieve is what I'm looking for, but I don't know anything about it)

Regards
Markus