Can't send mail to shared folders: kolab+shared.archiv at domain.tld

Alexander Maret-Huskinson alex at maret.de
Thu Oct 13 16:50:05 CEST 2005

Hi,

Am Dienstag, 11. Oktober 2005 14:32 schrieb Alexander Maret-Huskinson:
> I'm trying to debug my problem of not being able to send mails to shared
> folders. Postfix rejects all mails sent to
> 'kolab+shared.<foldername>@domain.tld' with 'User unknown'.

I've now added "mail=kolab at ..." to the LDAP entry
"cn=admin,cn=internal,dc=domain,dc=tld". This lets me send E-Mails to shared
folders again.

Unfortunately I'm not sure if this will break anything else. As we want to use
this Server as a production Groupware Server I still hope to get an answer to
the following questions:

1. Will the new mail attribute break anything else or even break security of
the Kolab Server?

2. To which LDAP Entry does the attribute "mail=kolab at ..." belong to by
default (after a fresh 2.01 install)?

Greets,
Alex