Can't send mail to shared folders: kolab+shared.archiv at domain.tld

Alexander Maret-Huskinson alex at maret.de
Tue Oct 11 14:32:08 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to debug my problem of not being able to send mails to shared
folders. Postfix rejects all mails sent to
'kolab+shared.<foldername>@domain.tld' with 'User unknown'.

I've been looking at the postfix configuration files and it seems to me that
postfix looks for an LDAP attribute 'mail=<user at domain.tld>' to check for a
valid user. To get shared folders working again I'm thinking of adding
"mail=kolab at domain.tld" to one of the existing LDAP entries. Unfortunately
I'm not sure where to add the entry and if this will break anything else.

Does anyone know if it is save to add an address 'kolab at ...' or am I totaly
wrong and shared folder authentication is done elsewhere?

Could anyone please do a ldapsearch for 'mail=kolab@<domain.tld>' and tell me
which LDAP entry has this attribute?

Thanks in advance,

Alex