Can't send mail to shared folders: kolab+shared.archiv at domain.tld

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Thu Oct 13 19:35:51 CEST 2005

Am Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2005 16:50 schrieb Alexander Maret-Huskinson:
> Am Dienstag, 11. Oktober 2005 14:32 schrieb Alexander Maret-Huskinson:
> > I'm trying to debug my problem of not being able to send mails to shared
> > folders. Postfix rejects all mails sent to
> > 'kolab+shared.<foldername>@domain.tld' with 'User unknown'.
>
> I've now added "mail=kolab at ..." to the LDAP entry
> "cn=admin,cn=internal,dc=domain,dc=tld". This lets me send E-Mails to
> shared folders again.
>
> Unfortunately I'm not sure if this will break anything else. As we want to
> use this Server as a production Groupware Server I still hope to get an
> answer to the following questions:
>
> 1. Will the new mail attribute break anything else or even break security
> of the Kolab Server?

Where does mail to "kolab at ..." go?
Out of the top of my head I do not expect problems.

> 2. To which LDAP Entry does the attribute "mail=kolab at ..." belong to by
> default (after a fresh 2.01 install)?

Nowhere.
I think we introduced this bug when we tried to make the postix server more
secure, see Isse828 in the tracker.
There should be a simpler way to fix this in just add "kolab@" to the local
recipients table.