IMAP direct

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Mar 1 16:24:18 CET 2005

On Monday 28 February 2005 12:55, UK Linux wrote:
> Please confirm that i'm being told that Kolab requires that the server on
> which it's running have a full domain set-up. If so, there must be a way of
> simulating this such that it satifies Kolab, since obviously we cannot make
> fundamental changes to our network before even being able to evaluate the
> software.

It *should* work without a full domain set-up, you can use fully qualified
domain names of your server.

> If the domain name has some connection with ldap authentication, it surely
> can't be too difficult to investigate this and put it right

Yes I also expect that DNS is not really your problem, but something else.
It might be related or triggered by you using a single "dc=" component.

However this is quite hard to diagnose without access to the system.
If you enable one of our technicians to have access to this machine
I am confident that we can further diagnose the problem.
However of course I need to get our costs replaced for such an individual service
as there are too many people who want it.

BTW: It did not see your answer to the imap creation test I suggested on the 24th.

Best,
Bernhard