IMAP direct

UK Linux cj at cehjohnson.uklinux.net
Wed Mar 2 00:19:10 CET 2005

>>BTW: It did not see your answer to the imap creation test I suggested on
the 24th.

Sorry Bernhard, for some reason i completely missed that one.

I seem to remember on bootstrapping that i was asked for a name and i tried
to use simply 'airemail' for this and was told that this was not sufficient
and to choose a prefix. I chose 'mail' even though mail.airemail has no
meaning on our LAN. Perhaps this has something to do with the problem?
Logging in as charles at airemail works fine from the browser anyway.

>>However this is quite hard to diagnose without access to the system...

I can investigate any configurations you care to mention and post them to
aid in the diagnosis. Even if we could afford support (we can't - we're a
charity) we couldn't give you remote access anyway as there is no inbound
access to our LAN.

I shall be away for a few days but shall get back to you all on my return.
Thanks for your continued interest.

CJ