kolab without spamassassin and clamav

Fabio Pietrosanti lists at pietrosanti.it
Sun Jun 5 12:53:53 CEST 2005

Richard Bos ha scritto:

>Is it possible to run spamassassin and clamav?  In my situtation other systems
>have already taken care of spam and virusscanning so it would be waste
>processor resources to have spamassassin and clamav running on the kolab
>server.

It's just a matter of changing the content-filter configuration
directive in the postfix main.cf configuration file.

If you see here: /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/main.cf.template

At the end of the file there is:
@@@if postfix-enable-virus-scan@@@
#
# Amavis virus scan
#
content_filter=smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
@@@else@@@
content_filter=kolabfilter
@@@endif@@@

This is managed by kolabconf (/kolab/sbin/kolabconf) that write
configuration files from templates.

postfix-enable-virus-scan is a ldap attribute set by TRUE during the
kolab_bootstrap:

root at casello:/kolab/var# grep -ir postfix-enable-virus-scan
/kolab/etc/kolab/
/kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap:        'postfix-enable-virus-scan' =>
"TRUE",
/kolab/etc/kolab/templates/main.cf.template:@@@if
postfix-enable-virus-scan@@@

As you can see is in LDAP:
root at casello:/kolab/var# /kolab/sbin/slapcat |grep postfix-enable
postfix-enable-virus-scan: TRUE

You can change it trough web interface under the "Services" Tab.

After the "Update click", your main.cf will have the content-filter
configuration that will completelly bypass amavis:
  content-filter=kolabfilter

Fabio