LDAP : Too much connexions ... Imapd package test results

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Jan 11 12:19:08 CET 2005

Am Dienstag, 11. Januar 2005 12:07 schrieb Michael Harlaut:

Hi Michael,

> >http://www.erfrakon.de/projects/kolab/download/testing/imapd-2.2.8-2.2.1_k
> >olab.src.rpm
>
> I've just made intensive tests with OE.
>
> I was first afraid because the number of LDAP connections is always
> increasing a lot (I reached 2000 with only one workstation)

How do you count the connections.

I recommend "lsof -c slapd".

> I didn't succeed in making the server unreachable.

This is good news.

> I while make more tests later, but I think you got it :)

Well at least we avoid the DOS situation though we might get some
scalability/performance issue with many e.g. thousands OE like clients
accessing Kolab simultaneously.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany