is disconnected imap mandatory?

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 11 19:01:45 CEST 2005

Op donderdag 11 augustus 2005 16:22, schreef Andreas Hasenack:
> I read here and there that one should use disconnected imap in kmail
> when accessing a kolab imap server. Can somebody explain the reasoning
> behind this? If "connected" imap us used instead, what are the bad
> things that (could) happen?

Calendar data is stored in the Agenda, contacts and tasks folders.  From this
data korganizer, kaddressbook, etc construct there information views/trees.
I will most likely be slow/cumbersome/not handy if this is retrieved from
imap folders.  Anyway, regular email could be regular imap, while the
"kontact" folders should be dimap, hence all the requirement for dimap AFAI
understand it.

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless