is disconnected imap mandatory?

Timo Springmann t.springmann at linet-services.de
Fri Aug 12 12:21:29 CEST 2005

Am Freitag, 12. August 2005 11:09 schrieb Martin Konold:
> Am Donnerstag 11 August 2005 21:46 schrieb Timo Springmann:
> > > dIMAP is very efficient and provides offline capabilities.
> >
> > Actually it's dead slow compared to online imap and eats my cpu cycles
> > like nothing else. Everytime kontact checks for mail in my dimap account,
> > my computer (AMD 1700+; 786 MB Ram) gets really slow.
>
> There is some issue with your version of KDE/Kontact.
>
>  I cannot observe these slowdowns on my machine (P-IV-2200 MHz Laptop 1GB)
> using KDE 3.4.2.

I'm running latest debian packages which is version 3.4.1 on most machines. On
at least two machines I have recompiled 3.4.1 packages with some additional
patches. Of course I'll try new packages as soon as they appear, but at the
moment I don't have time to compile new packages from scratch...

Actually I can live with the drawbacks but most coworkers can't. At the moment
we're back at our old webbased solution (OpenGroupware.org) as our main
resource, but I'll keep an eye on kolab and kontact development...

Timo