a few more questions

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Sep 9 22:21:04 CEST 2004

Am Mittwoch, 8. September 2004 08:58 schrieb Bo Thorsen:

Hi Bo,

> Cyrus rejects the mail. So to make this work, you need to hack the
> postfix mydomains variable, and do something that I so far did not figure
> out for cyrus.

> I would really love if it would just work that bo at domain1 and bo at domain2
> would be delivered to the same user. It's a PITA to do this by hand for a
> lot of users by using the email aliases.

What you want is not multi-domain support but plain rewriting of domains. This
can be done entirely with postfix without any need to touch Cyrus because
before the mail hits the Cyrus imapd (via LMTP) the Postfic SMTPD already
rewrote the domain part.

Basically you need a virtual rule like:

@domain2   @domain1

Yours,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de