Hostname Maildomain name problem

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Fri Oct 22 07:36:05 CEST 2004

Am Mittwoch, 20. Oktober 2004 19:08 schrieb Mike:

Hi,

> cat /etc/hostname: tux

The hostname must be fully qualified like
tux.foobar.org

> /etc/hosts :
>   127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain localhost

Please change this line to
>   127.0.0.1       localhost

> Please enter Hostname [tux]: tux

This must again be the fully qualified name like tux.foobar.org

>  Primary Email Address: mike at tux

Again fully qualified....

> If I click check email again, all the inbox and child folders all disappear
> under Kolab Server .

For real testing KDE Kontact 3.3.1 + Proko2 Branch is required.

> I am sure this is a simple, straight forward problem... yet I have been
> unable to solve it.  Regarding Primary email address and Mail home server,
> how should I set up kolab  for use on my machine?

As mentione above you may use the very same fully qulified name for hostname,
homeserver and the domain part of the primary email address.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n