Hostname Maildomain name problem

Mike mike at northidahoeye.com
Wed Oct 20 19:08:05 CEST 2004

What is the correct way to setup kolab regarding the hostname/Maildomain?

I am testing kolab on my  Debian unstable machine, Kmail 3.3.0 client,kolab
debian binaries from. My machine is on an small, internal, private intranet.
  Kolab binaries were downloaded from
ftp.kolab.org  /kolab/server/development/current/ix86-debian3.0/

hostname returns: tux
hostname -f returns: tux.eyeclinic.office
cat /etc/hostname: tux
/etc/hosts :
  127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain localhost
  192.168.7.254   server.eyeclinic.office server
  192.168.7.28    tux.eyeclinic.office    tux

I ran /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap -b
some of the relevant text is:
Please enter Hostname [tux]: tux
Do you want to set up a Master(1) server or a slave(2): 1
Please enter your Maildomain [tux]: tux
Generating default configuration:
 base_dn : dc=tux
 bind_dn : cn=manager,cn=internal,dc=tux
hostname of slave kolab server [empty when done]: (enter)
Use login=manager and passwd=XXXXXXXX when you log into
the webinterface https://tux/admin !
 I set up a new user mike as:
 Primary Email Address: mike at tux
 Mailbox Home server: tux
run kolabwizard from command line.
Configure kmail receiving kolab to accept new certificate.
Click check email. -->> Kolab Server
    Inbox
      Calendar
      Contacts
      Notes
      Tasks
      Journal
If I click check email again, all the inbox and child folders all disappear
under Kolab Server .
If I click check email agian, error message. Retrieving the Access Control
List on folder newimap://mike%40tux@tux:143/ failed. The server returned:
Mailbox does not exist

If I configure Kmail to setup IMAP Groupware folders under Kolab Server:  The
Calendar,Contacts, Notes, Tasks Journal folders are created.

If I click check email, error while creating folder, could not create folder
I have tried to rerun kolab_setup and changing Primary Email address to :
mike, Mail home server: tux... similar problems.   I have also tried Primary
Eamail address: mike at tux.eyeclinic.office, Mail home server:
eyeclinic.office; Primary Email address: mike at tux, Mail home server:
eyeclinic.office.

I am sure this is a simple, straight forward problem... yet I have been unable
to solve it.  Regarding Primary email address and Mail home server, how
should I set up kolab  for use on my machine?

Mike
mike at NorthIdahoEye.com