Kontact as Kolab Client

Gustavo Michels gustavo.michels at ig.com.br
Tue Oct 19 15:27:38 CEST 2004

Hi

I have two questions about using Kontact as a kolab client:

1) As you may know, I am doing MS Exchange to Kolab migration. My previous
problem, converting calendar emails with vcalendars to emails with kolab xml
format is done and working almost 100%.

Then I came to a test case where the event in the Exchange server had
(inline) attachments. I converted the event to xml format, included the
<inline-attachment> tags, added the encoded attachments on the email. I can
read the converted email and open the attachments in KMail, but KOrganizer
won't show any attachments.

My question is if KOrganizer can handle inline attachments, as the only
option I saw in it was for adding link attachments.

2) Users coming from Exchange are used to having all their mailboxes folders
(I am referring to outbox, sent-mail, trash and drafts) on the server.
KMail, however, stores them locally on the disk. Wouldn't it be better to
store these folders in the Kolab server also? Maybe an option on
kolabwizard to store everything on the server?

Thanks
Gustavo