Kolab and Kontact on Mandrake 10

Fausto Zorzi - NetiX s.r.l. list_archive at netixitalia.it
Wed Jul 21 18:35:36 CEST 2004

Jean-Michel Dault wrote:

> Le lun 19/07/2004 à 12:46, Fausto Zorzi - NetiX s.r.l. a écrit :
>
>>Thank you for your answer. Yes, I contacted them, and they gave me the
>>link to that document file:
>>http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se/?page=projects⊂=groupware
>>Since it didn't solve the problem, I tried to get an answer here.
>>Anyway I also send another message to the support, and I'm waiting for
>>an answer from them.
>

> Actually, the link you have is incorrect, as it documents the old
> kroupware client. Mandrake uses Kontact, the new KDE client.
>
> Have a look at the documentation in CVS:

http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/*checkout*/doc/proko2-doc/doc2.sxw?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain

Thank you so much for the answer, I'm following the new document.
Since you were so kind, I would like to ask you a question.
During my attempts to configure Kontact with Kolab I evidently
made something wrong with Cyrus and messed up the whole thing.
I have then disinstalled and reinstalled the whole Kolab server, with
all its dependencies, then ran again /usr/sbin/kolab_bootstrap -b.
The configuration is much clearer now, but when I start the kolab-server
service, after all the services give [OK], I receive this message:

Login failed: authentication failure at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor
_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 118
could not authenticate with Cyrus IMAP daemon () at /usr/sbin/kolab line
439.

Can you please help me with this?

Thank you in advance

> J'd like to know who gave you the old link. It seems Support doesn't
> know what R&D does...

If you ask me, I can tell you the support is not what I expected.