Kolab and Kontact on Mandrake 10

Fausto Zorzi - NetiX s.r.l. list_archive at netixitalia.it
Wed Jul 21 19:13:50 CEST 2004

Fausto Zorzi - NetiX s.r.l. wrote:

> Jean-Michel Dault wrote:
>
>> Le lun 19/07/2004 à 12:46, Fausto Zorzi - NetiX s.r.l. a écrit :
>>
>>> Thank you for your answer. Yes, I contacted them, and they gave me the
>>> link to that document file:
>>> http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se/?page=projects⊂=groupware
>>> Since it didn't solve the problem, I tried to get an answer here.
>>> Anyway I also send another message to the support, and I'm waiting for
>>> an answer from them.
>>

>> Actually, the link you have is incorrect, as it documents the old
>> kroupware client. Mandrake uses Kontact, the new KDE client.
>>
>> Have a look at the documentation in CVS:
>>
> http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/*checkout*/doc/proko2-doc/doc2.sxw?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain
>

> Thank you so much for the answer, I'm following the new document.
> Since you were so kind, I would like to ask you a question.
> During my attempts to configure Kontact with Kolab I evidently
> made something wrong with Cyrus and messed up the whole thing.
> I have then disinstalled and reinstalled the whole Kolab server, with
> all its dependencies, then ran again /usr/sbin/kolab_bootstrap -b.
> The configuration is much clearer now, but when I start the kolab-server
> service, after all the services give [OK], I receive this message:
>
> Login failed: authentication failure at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor
> _perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 118
> could not authenticate with Cyrus IMAP daemon () at /usr/sbin/kolab line
> 439.
>
> Can you please help me with this?
>
> Thank you in advance
>

>> J'd like to know who gave you the old link. It seems Support doesn't
>> know what R&D does...
>>

> If you ask me, I can tell you the support is not what I expected.

By the way, I can't login as "manager" in http://[server name]/kolab no
more. After reinstalling Kolab packages and executing
/usr/sbin/kolab_bootstrap -b, I also configured Kolab through the
"groupware server" section in drakconf, giving the password for the
"manager" user, but it won't let me access anymore. I also tried to
rename the /usr/sbin/kolab_bootstrap.real file and reexecuting
/usr/sbin/kolab_bootstrap -b and configuring Kolab with drakconf again,
but with the same result.