Moving the format (was: Re: event XML 1.1 (fix recurrances))

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Sep 20 17:14:19 CEST 2010

Am Montag, 20. September 2010 11:15:53 schrieb Gunnar Wrobel:
> I think we really need a path forward concerning the format/client
> specs in general. Is there anything we can do in order to improve the
> whole process?

Useful suggestions and help is always appreciated.

> I'm still in favor of having a section in the wiki that contains
> suggested extensions/corrections to the format/client specs.

Go for it, if it is clearly labled.
Last time I thought about it, I wanted to check into how the
python enhancement proposals work and mimik a bit of its behaviour.

> And then I'd like to have some small group that is responsible for
> pushing things to decisions on this format mailing list. Nothing
> complex. Rather something that works :)

What do you have in mind?

> The client spec is too crucial to be left lingering for so long.

True, though we should keep in mind what we had discussed many years ago: We
would actually need a client implementation reference, not a format spec.
Currently the specification is distributed among several documents
and some client reference implementations.

Best,
Bernhard

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.