Recurring events with timezone

Hendrik Helwich h.helwich at tarent.de
Wed Oct 20 13:46:37 CEST 2010

Am 20.10.2010 10:55, schrieb Georg C. F. Greve:
> [..]
> What I would like to see more input in would be the "floating" time zone
> concept that translates "to wherever you are right now" as explained by
> Bernhard in his mail to this thread.

Hi Georg,

i am not sure if i understood this concept. Bernhard described it like this:

> There is a third case that I darkly remember: Floating local timezone.
> (Currently we do not support it.) Example: Do your excercises at eight in the
> morning, no matter where you are.

I think this would even be more complicated. The event must be related
to a specific user and must track its timezone.
Or does this event should happen always at the same local time for
everybody no matter in which time zone this person is?
If it is like this it would not be useful for an event which is shared,
because then everybody would come to a different time to that meeting if
the people are in different time zones.

Greetings,
Hendrik