UPDATE: KEP 2: Modification of datetime: store local time, add 'tz' attribute (revision #10743)

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Thu Dec 23 06:52:50 CET 2010

Hi Georg,

"When time zone information is provided, a client MUST consider the event local to this time zone. Recurrence MUST then be calculated to keep the event at the same local time within that time zone, adjusting the time for the event accordingly for the client's local time zone. For more detail see [#Notes_for_client_implementors Notes for client implementors] below)."

I see this is a MUST requirement. What happens to format implementers that cannot support this as this statement assumes that the developers control the whole client code? This calculation is done in Outlook and we have very little control over it.

Best Regards

Joon Radley

Cell: +27 (0)83 368 8557
Fax: +27 (0)86 547 2353