Declaring a new folder type and format for Horde preferences

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Fri Mar 14 06:30:14 CET 2008

Hi Bernhard and Gunnar,

Making custom types was part of the design so this is well within the scope
of Kolab-XML. As Kolab-XML uses the IMAP4 server for storage there is no
problem with saving the data to the server.

The problem is that the format is Horde specific. So this will not form part
of the main specification. Also I think the name should be "name spaced" to
show that it is bound to a specific client e.g. "h-prefs" or "horde-prefs"

Best Regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC
Cell: +27 (0)83 368 8557