ANNOTATEMORE problems

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Sat Jun 19 01:22:51 CEST 2004

On Friday 18 June 2004 16:59, David Faure wrote:
> > I certainly agree with the fact that we can't use "/comment" going forward,
> > and that we need to get a Kolab-specific annotation.
> Yes.

Actually, Steffen made me rethink this.
Given that cyrus-imapd doesn't support vendor entries, how about using /comment
with a kolab-specific string in it in order to have something that works with
the current cyrus-imapd version? We could use the value /comment only if it
starts with "kolab.folder-type="  or something.

Does anyone know what other imap clients use /comment for? If it's mostly
unused, or something that users can set freely, then this should be safe
enough (if someone removes it manually, he can expect trouble...)

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer