[Kolab-devel] Kolab-2.2.3 filters

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Sat Feb 13 16:15:01 CET 2010

On Saturday 13 February 2010 06:04:28 am Richard Bos wrote:
> Op zaterdag 13 februari 2010 06:55:01 schreef Thomas Spuhler:
> > To build this package php-pear-channel-horde-1.0
> > is required.
> > OR
> > ***************
> > Installing packages from pear.horde.org is easy. Just follow the simple
> >  steps  below.
> >
> > Note: You need a working PEAR 1.4 environment. For more information on
> >  PEAR  and how to install PEAR, see our FAQ
> >
> >    1. First, add the channel server using:
> >       pear channel-discover pear.horde.org
> >    2. Once this is complete, you can install any of our packages using:
> >       pear install horde/some_package_name
> > **************
> > I am afraid, this is not going to work on a native installation such as
> > Mandriva. I can build it on my own box but not on the Mandriva build
> >  cluster.
> >
> > Is there a workaround for this?
>
> Of course.  Just add the channel with an rpm
> See
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/php:/applications/openSUS
>E_11.2/src/php5- pear-channel-horde-1.0-1.1.src.rpm
> or
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/php:/applications/openSUS
>E_11.2/src/ (look for rpms with channel in their name) and the rest of the
> internet for other examples.
I may didn't express myself correctly. the php-pear-channel-horde needs to be
installed on the build system? for getting the kolab-filter rpm to build on the
build server. Mandriva will not install the rpm on their build server.

(yes, kolab-filter built nicely on my box,and forgive me, I used Richard's spec
file with minor changes)

--
Thomas