[Kolab-devel] Kolab server 2.2.3 logs configuration/rotation

Gelpi Andrea liste at gelpi.it
Fri Apr 30 13:22:44 CEST 2010

Hi,
	I installed on a debian lenny 5.0.4 Kolab server 2.2.3 (fresh installation from source).
After using it in production for a week I checked all logs under directory /kolab (find /kolab
-name \*\.log)

Here there the difference from /kolab/etc/rc.d/rc.*

On file system there are some logs that seems not to be in any rotate scripts

/kolab/var/kolab-filter/log/fatal.log
/kolab/var/kolab-filter/log/filter.log
/kolab/var/kolab/www/client/log/php-errors.log
/kolab/var/kolab/www/client/log/horde.log
/kolab/var/imapd/log/notifyd.log

In /kolab/etc/rc.d/rc.apache the logs to be rotate are:

/kolab/var/apache/log/access.log
/kolab/var/apache/log/error.log
/kolab/var/apache/log/script.log

but on file systems there are:

/kolab/var/apache/log/php/php-errors.log
/kolab/var/apache/log/apache-error.log
/kolab/var/apache/log/apache-access.log

In /kolab/etc/rc.d/rc.imapd the logs to be rotate are:

/kolab/var/imapd/log/cyrmaster.log
/kolab/var/imapd/log/imapd.log
/kolab/var/imapd/log/pop3d.log
/kolab/var/imapd/log/sieve.log
/kolab/var/imapd/log/lmtpd.log
/kolab/var/imapd/log/idled.log   (Does not exist on file system)
/kolab/var/imapd/log/cyr_db.log
/kolab/var/imapd/log/misc.log

but on file system exists:

/kolab/var/imapd/log/notifyd.log

In /kolab/etc/rc.d/rc.kolabd there the following lines:

kolabd_log_resmgr_logfile="@resmgr_logfile@"
kolabd_log_freebusy_logfile="@freebusy_logfile@"
kolabd_log_fbview_logfile="/kolab/var/resmgr/fbview.log" (Does not exist on file system)

On file system exists:

/kolab/var/kolab-freebusy/log/php-error.log
/kolab/var/kolab-freebusy/log/freebusy.log

In /kolab/etc/rc.d/rc.procmail is defined /kolab/var/procmail/procmail.log
  that does not exist on file system.

--
ing. Andrea Gelpi
La Terra non la abbiamo ereditata dai nostri avi,