[Kolab-devel] Brain Dump of the Week -- High Hopes

Sascha Wilde wilde at intevation.de
Fri Dec 18 18:29:53 CET 2009

Hi *,

another week is over -- and once again I wonder where it's gone...  ;-)
The most exciting news these days is that we actually made it and
released an RC of Server 2.2.3.

As I wrote already in my announcement mail, we are serious about the RC,
no known problems or wishes which ought to be fixed in the final
release -- so if we don't get to know of any showstopper within the next
few days we will actually have an release on Dec. 23!

I hope very much that many people will find the time and give the RC a
try, even though the holidays are already knocking at the door.

What else?  In preparation of the release I did some commits on both the
2.2.x branch and HEAD and doing so I was once again reminded, that there
are quite a few changes in 2.2.3 which need to be merged.  This is a
tedious and sometimes even boring task -- but never the less a very
important one as HEAD is the future of Kolab Server and already contains
many important improvements.

Any help on this will be highly appreciated.  People who'd like to
volunteer should have a look at the release-notes.txt file in head, for
all the changes marked with the TODO tag we need to verify that they are
implemented and working in HEAD.  The issue tacker[1] also helps, as
in some issues it is documented what still needs to be done in HEAD.

There is a bunch more topics swirling around in my head but I'll have to
cache and sort them out a bit before I can write on them here.  So stay
tuned until the next BDotW...

...which might take until next year.
so happy holidays and a happy new year to all of you in advance!

cheers
sascha

[1]  https://issues.kolab.org/
--
Sascha Wilde                                          OpenPGP key: 4BB86568
http://www.intevation.de/~wilde/                  http://www.intevation.de/