[Kolab-devel] [issue2492] Autocreate folders/subfolders patch

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Mar 4 15:15:33 CET 2008

Hi Andrea,

On Tuesday 04 March 2008 08:07, Gelpi Andrea wrote:
> > A new field in the ldap like "Folders:" could be an idea.
>
> I agree with Fabio.

this is currently discussed as
https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue2492 (Autocreate
folders/subfolders patch)

> If I want to use Calendar, Task, Contacts I need also:
>
> 5) Login in Horde
> 6) Clic on Calendar, task, Contacts
> 7) Logout form Horde
> 8) In Thunderbird I need to subscribe the newly created folders
> 9) Configure Kolab-sync

You probably should file this as a problem with synckolab then,
it should be able to create the default folders with the right annotations
by itself.

> I have also noted that thunderbird create a Sent folder while Horde
> create Sent-mail folder if a Sent folder doesn't exist.
>
> Pre create these folders with a standard name would be great, ... and
> less work to create every account.

This seems to be a general problem with email and IMAP.
We could only solve this together with other imap server and clients,
e.g. invent a new standard for these names.

Bernhard