[Kolab-devel] [issue2492] Autocreate folders/subfolders patch

Gelpi Andrea liste at gelpi.it
Tue Mar 4 08:07:28 CET 2008

Fabio Pietrosanti ha scritto:
> New submission from Fabio Pietrosanti <fp at khamsa.ch>:
>
> In a lot of email service/server there are some policies for the mandatory usage of specific accounts
> and folders.
>
> For example many system use:
> INBOX
>  - Sent
>  - Drafts
>  - Trash
>  - Spam
>
> and use the Spam folder to put in it all the spam tagged messages.
>
> In Kolab even the creation of Sent/Drafts/Trash folders are up to the email clients that create it at the
> first logon.
>
> Certain clients create folders with wrong names, depending on the languages of the clients.
>
> For example Italian Outlook create the folder "Posta Inviata" instead of "Sent", but if it found Sent it use
> Sent as the folder.
>
> We would suggest to have, inside each account definition, which are the sub-folders that need to be
> created (and subscribed by the user) by Kolabd when the account is created.
>
> A new field in the ldap like "Folders:" could be an idea.

I agree with Fabio.

I'm using Kolab 2.2 beta3 as server and Thunderbird 2.0.x as client.

Here is what I have to do to create an account:

1) From Kolab webadmin I create the account
2) In Thunderbird I create the account
3) To create the sent folder I need to send a test E-mail.
4) To create a spam folder I need to configure spam filter in
thunderbird and mark manually an E-mail as SPAM.

If I want to use Calendar, Task, Contacts I need also:

5) Login in Horde
6) Clic on Calendar, task, Contacts
7) Logout form Horde
8) In Thunderbird I need to subscribe the newly created folders
9) Configure Kolab-sync

As you can see it is a lot of work.

I use Italian as default language and Horde generate these folders:

Calendario for Calendar
Attività for Task (the real imap folder is Attivit&AOA-)
Contatti for Contacts
Note for Notes

I have also noted that thunderbird create a Sent folder while Horde
create Sent-mail folder if a Sent folder doesn't exist.

Pre create these folders with a standard name would be great, ... and
less work to create every account.

--
ing. Andrea Gelpi