[Kolab-devel] Other kolab scalability issues

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Oct 25 20:31:39 CEST 2007

Fabio:
Thanks a lot for your suggestions.
I just read through many of them and believe that we need to
first find out more about what the loginrealms option does
before we can decide to remove it.

On Wednesday 24 October 2007 09:47, Thomas Arendsen Hein wrote:
> We should check if logging in with a uid without an @ sign still
> works after removing the line.

I can still log in using
/kolab/bin/cyradm -u am localhost

"am" is a uid for a user which is not in the main domain.
Kolab Server/Openpkg 2.2.0-beta2 on Debian/ppc.

My manual page on imapd.conf reads like
       loginrealms: <empty string>
            The  list  of  remote  realms  whose  users may authenticate using
            cross-realm authentication identifiers.  Separate each realm  name
            by  a  space.   (A cross-realm identity is considered any identity
            returned by SASL with an "@" in it.).

Hmm, I wonder what this means. Maybe we should check the code.

Bernhard