[Kolab-devel] Other kolab scalability issues

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Wed Oct 24 09:47:56 CEST 2007

* Fabio Pietrosanti <lists at infosecurity.ch> [20071023 15:06]:
> Alain Spineux wrote:
> > First we need to know what we are speaking about !
> >
> > I tested kolab-2.2beta1.
> >
> > postfix support at least 100000 domains with the format
> > extralargedomainXXXXX.loc.
> > the main.cf was more than 5Mo large !
> > imap failed at 68 domains, with line of about 4096 chars.
>
> Please let me underline that in my kolab installation removing the
> "loginrealm:" configuration parameter from imapd.conf all continued
> working perfectly.
>
> I am wondering, do we really require this configuration line? Why just
> don't remove it away?

loginrealms: @@@postfix-mydomain@@@
was added on Tue Nov 23 21:26:47 2004 +0100 with the commit message
"Initial revision".

On Mon Jul 25 03:11:58 2005 +0200 it was changed by Steffen with the
comment "Fix login problem":
-loginrealms:           @@@postfix-mydomain@@@
+loginrealms:           @@@postfix-mydomain@@@ @@@postfix-mydestination|join @@@

Later commits just updated this line to changes in the templating
and removed the duplicate domain, so we ended up at:
loginrealms:           @@@postfix-mydestination|join( )@@@

The "Fix login problem" message indicates to me that there might be
some value in having this line, but unfortunately the commit
messages at that time are not very helpful.

... some minutes later ...

I just saw that kolabd/kolabd was at a different location in the
past: kolab/kolab ... here is "some" new insight: