[Kolab-devel] Other kolab scalability issues

Fabio Pietrosanti lists at infosecurity.ch
Tue Oct 23 16:53:27 CEST 2007

Alain Spineux wrote:
> Yes I know and I dont remeber kolab-2.0 using loginrealm !
> But I'm more worried about admins !
> If the system host thousand of domains, I suppose we have at least one
> domain admin per domain !

And i have many domains on my own server with several domain maintainers
and doesn't have a single line more than manager in the "admins:"
configuration line:

mail-it-srv1:/kolab/etc/imapd# grep admin imapd.conf
admins:                 manager

So, having many domain mainteiners doesn't mean that there are multiple
managers
So we have only to tweak around the loginrealms: issue (not the admins:
one) but, if it's not required, imho we could simply WIPE OUT IT .

> postfix, dont lokk to suffer any limitation today. Right ? Did I
> missed something ?
> Do you have more motivation than having a solution with a nice design ?

Well, everytime that could be possible to:
a) remove code away (remove all the code from kolab that generate the
domains)
b) simplify the design

i am always happy to make the system more simple and with less code to
be managed and maintained :)

This is more a desiderata while the cyrus imap one it's a bug .

Fabio