[Kolab-devel] [issue2123] Kontact crashes when deleting appointments from the email view

basysKom GmbH kolab-issues at intevation.de
Mon Oct 22 18:19:58 CEST 2007

New submission from basysKom GmbH <kontactbugs at basyskom.de>:

This bug report concerns the deletion of calender appointments from the email
view (kmail).

I have problems deleting appointments from a calender. The problem does not
occur always, but is reproducible.

In the email view I have an email account and folders for inbox, calender,
contacts etc.
e.g
Tester1
- Posteingang
  - Kalender
  - Kontakte
  - Notizen
  - Aufgaben
  - Journal

Kontact crashes sometimes, when I click the calender folder and remove  all the
appointments in the folder. The stderr output complains about serial number

I assume that the crash comes when trying to remove appointments which have
already earlier been removed. The problem here is that the appointments are
still shown in the folder although the it has been synchronized.

The second problem which might cause the crash is the calender folder contains
more appointments than there should actually exist. For example, I now that I
have only four appointments in the calender and the calender folder contains
more than 100 items. Most of the extra items have the title: Kein Betreff and
the sender : Unbekannt. (Also other folders: Kontakte, Notizen etc. have the
same bug).

The third problem is when I select all the appointments from the folder and
remove them. First all the appointments are removed, but after synchronization
some of them re-appear in the folder.

I marked the bug as urgent, because it causes problems when running the Squish
test scripts for Kontact. It would be important to get this fixed asap.

Versions:
Kontact: 1.2.4 (enterprise 20070928.718341)
KDE: 3.5.5
Qt: 3.3.7

assignedto: till
messages: 12382
nosy: basyskom, till
priority: urgent
status: unread
title: Kontact crashes when deleting appointments from the email view
topic: kde client, prokde35