[Kolab-devel] [issue2122] Creation and use of distribution lists

basysKom GmbH kolab-issues at intevation.de
Mon Oct 22 17:43:45 CEST 2007

New submission from basysKom GmbH <kontactbugs at basyskom.de>:

This bug report concerns the functionality of distribution list.

The functionality of the distribution list is not reliable or usable.

The bugs and problems found:
- The creation of a distribution list is not intuitive, because the
functionality has been hidden under the menu "Einstellungen->Erweiterung anzeigen"
- When I check the "Verteilerlisten-Editor" from the menu, the Kontact window
width is extended beyond the physical display and you cannot make the window
smaller. Also in the calender view the calender panel is made wider and shows
more calender than before.
Creating a new distribution list:
- Adding  email addresses from contacts does not work. When you drag and drop/
use the "Kontact hinzufügen" button the address is added into the distribution
list, but at the same time all the already existing email address are removed.
This means that I cannot add email addresses one-by-one.
- The email addresses in the distribution list are not saved. This occurs both
when clicking the "Speichern" button in menu and when creating a new
distribution list.
- In general the contact view is very confusing and I have not yet understood
the logic . Especially if you select all the options from "Erweiterung anzeigen"
menu, the contact view is so over-filled that you cannot create either new
contacts or new distribution lists.
- What is the difference between "Verteilerlisten Editor" and "Verteilerlisten
Editor (neu)?
- In the previous version the menu button under "Erweiterung anzeigen" worked
like option button, but in this version they work like check boxes. Is this
intentional or a bug?

Versions:
Kontact: 1.2.4 (enterprise 20070928.718341)
KDE: 3.5.5
Qt: 3.3.7

assignedto: till
messages: 12381
nosy: basyskom, till
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Creation and use of distribution lists
topic: kde client, prokde35