[Kolab-devel] Horde preferences: LDAP or IMAP?

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 13:51:55 CEST 2007

On 10/4/07, Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de> wrote:
> "Alain Spineux" <aspineux at gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > SQLite is not scalable!
> > What about kolab infrastructure with multiple server ?
> > With multiple Web server and the same user logged twice ?
>
> This is a valid point. Since we are trying to be able to do such
> things as splitting the web server from the main Kolab server or even
> running a complete disjoint Kolab server net having a preferences
> store local to the web server would be suboptimal.
>
> But I'm going to look at using SQLite for other subsystems in Horde
> that are currently still "Database only" and that are more in the
> "System" rather than "User" category.

You are speaking about session data ?
If you could make your development with more scalable SQL engine in mind,
you could store and share these data among different web server. Then every
server could serve the users request in a round robin way.
PHP should have such library supporting multiple SQL back-end
(sqlite, mysql ...)
like SQLObject or SQLAchemy for python.

Regards

--