[Kolab-devel] Fwd: Re: CalDav reaches the standards track]

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Apr 13 18:25:16 CEST 2007

Hi Will,

> My suggestion would be to have the calendar entries stored in a
> database, and on Cyrus write an extension which would simulate
> the original manner of keeping the calendar items as xml attachments
> to mails by generating them on the fly whenever the folder is
> queried (aternatively you can generate the database contents from
> Cyrus but then you'd have duplication)
>
> The next step would be to expose the database via an http middle
> layer (interpreting the caldav xml queries and returning appropriately
> formatted results).

this might be too complicated. Did you check the corresponding Horde
bug (http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=4267)? Basically the Kronolith
API already supports the necessary parts for handling event over such
a protocol. You'd just need to write the intermediate protocol
definition (at least in theory). I really did not look closely at this
so I might underestimate the effort necessary but with Horde you'd
already have all the basic features for handling events and exporting
them.

Cheers,

Gunnar