[Kolab-devel] kolab-horde-fbview transformation to Horde CVS

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Thu Nov 30 00:33:31 CET 2006

Hello list,

as mentioned before I am currently trying to clean up some of the code
problems that exist between the Kolab and Horde project. This a task
with two subsetions: a) enable all Kolab packages that are dependant
on Horde to use the current Horde code base and b) to improve Kolab
support in Horde.

b) is basically finished and for a) there is one remaining blocker:
the kolab-horde-fbview package.

This package hase been forked from the original kronolith package two
years ago, has been chopped down to managing attendance list with the
associated free/busy information and was tweaked to work together with
Kolab.

I did look at the modification and believe it should be no major
problem to get the changes into the current Horde Kronolith package.

The code changes can be subdivided into four patches:

1) Support for saving attendees lists
2) Support for additional parameters on free/busy periods
3) Modifications to the free/busy views
4) Kolab specific tweaks

I currently don't see a reason why these patches should not be
included upstream in the Horde project and I'll try to work on the
necessary conversions.

So I would have two questions for the Kolab devs: Is it ok to convert
the code changes into patches to be submitted upstream to the Horde
project (this might mean a license change from GPL to LGPL in some
cases but only a few - Kronolith is mainly GPL)? Are there specific
code parts/changes that need to retain author information (files added
specifically within the Kolab also carry the name of Code
Fusion/Stuart Binge as author which is also the case for some parts in
Kronolith - so I guess this might also cause no problem)?

Thanks!

Gunnar

E-mail : wrobel at pardus.de                          Dr. Gunnar Wrobel
Tel.   : +49 40 432 72335                      Hartwig-Hesse Str. 12
Fax    : +49 40 432 70855                            D-20257 Hamburg