[Kolab-devel] [issue1094] Toltec <-> Server very slow on initial upload of many emails

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Tue Jan 31 10:58:53 CET 2006

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

Toltec 2.0.6 de and Kolab Server 2.0.3:

When uploading many emails the first time
(8000 emails, 2 Gigabyte pst)
there are many pauses made in which Outlook and Toltec
are not usable.

Joon wrote he found that the imap server makes pauses
between 30 and 60 seconds under some circumstances.
I am opening this issue so we can gather more information
and find out if this is a Toltec client or server problem.
It probably will be a combination.

Steffen or Martin: Any idea why the imap server could possibly pause.

assignedto: steffen
messages: 6396
nosy: bernhard, joonradley, steffen, thomas
priority: urgent
status: chatting
title: Toltec <-> Server very slow on initial upload of many emails
topic: server, toltec