[Kolab-devel] Distributed Kolab Setup / IMAP question

Michael Leupold leupold at leunet.de
Tue Apr 25 11:11:50 CEST 2006

Hi,

If you set up a a distributed Kolab environment, say SERVER1 and SERVER2, and
a USER-A with his home on SERVER1 wants to access a folder USER-B on SERVER2
has made available for him, how does USER-A figure out which server to get
the data from?
I can think of two ways this might be done, but unfortunately I haven't found
any information on how it is actually done.
1. Cyrus knows about USER-B and tells USER-A via the MAILBOX-REFERRALS
extension [rfc2193].
2. USER-A has to configure SERVER2 in his client (eg. share-only in toltec2).

Could anyone please point me to the right direction?

Thanks and Regards,
Michael