[Kolab-devel] Distributed Kolab Setup / IMAP question

Torsten Irländer torsten.irlaender at intevation.de
Tue Apr 25 12:39:24 CEST 2006

On Tuesday, 25. April 2006 11:11, Michael Leupold wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you set up a a distributed Kolab environment, say SERVER1 and SERVER2,
> and a USER-A with his home on SERVER1 wants to access a folder USER-B on
> SERVER2 has made available for him, how does USER-A figure out which server
> to get the data from?
> I can think of two ways this might be done, but unfortunately I haven't
> found any information on how it is actually done.
> 1. Cyrus knows about USER-B and tells USER-A via the MAILBOX-REFERRALS
> extension [rfc2193].
> 2. USER-A has to configure SERVER2 in his client (eg. share-only in
> toltec2).
>
> Could anyone please point me to the right direction?

Hi,
I'll try to :) From my investigations I would say that you need to configure
Server2 on your client.
The IMAP Server supports Mailbox-Referrals in principle but they seemed not to
be used. This would indeed be a nice feature because it could  simplify my
setup on the client. But I'm not sure about the reasons why this referrals
are not used.
Can someone here on the list bring some light in this issue?

Best,
Torsten
--
Torsten Irländer                                    Intevation GmbH

torsten.irlaender at intevation.de
http://www.intevation.de/