[Kolab-devel] loops back to myself

Daniel Coletti dcoletti at xtech.com.ar
Sat Apr 15 21:35:14 CEST 2006

Hi,
	I found the reason why I'm getting this error, I think it's a bug. I'm
reporting it in a minute.

I have two domains set up in kolab (foo.com -main domain-, and bar.com). Each
domain has the MX record pointing to:
mail.<domain>

When I created a new user I filled up these form fields (with these values):
1.- First Name: John
2.- Last Name: Doe
[..]
3.- Primary Email Address: jdoe at bar.com
4.- Unique Identity: <blank>
5.- Mailbox Home Server: mail.bar.com

At "5.-" I had a changeable value that said "mail.foo.com", and I changed it
to what I thought was a more appropiate value.

If I send an email to this account (jdoe at bar.com) postfix will return with the
error:
``<jdoe at bar.com>: mail for mail.bar.com loops back to myself´´

In order to avoid this error I have to put "mail.foo.com" at the "5.-" field.

Now, I don't really know why postfix returns this error, I searched the error
at the postfix web site, and all I found regarding this error where at the
`virtual_alias_domains' and `virtual_mailbox_domains'. So I checked the
`virtual_maps' configuration in my kolab installation (because
virtual_alias_domains isn't used at the main.cf and virtual_maps is the
default value of `virtual_alias_domains'), I found also that the ldap source
has correct values, since it looks the "alias" and "mail" attributes in the
directory (not the `kolabHomeServer', which in any case, I think it would
have been correct also).

Just for the record, here's my /kolab/etc/postfix/ldapvirtual.cf file:

server_host = ldap://127.0.0.1:389
search_base = dc=pepe,dc=com,dc=ar
query_filter = (&(!(kolabDeleteFlag=*))(|(alias=%s)(mail=%s)))
result_attribute = mail
result_filter = %s
search_timeout = 15
scope = sub
bind = yes
bind_dn = cn=nobody,cn=internal,dc=pepe,dc=com,dc=ar
bind_pw = AlJZvHmhw[.........]LsknOg4L7xyJgjYsKo6y
version = 3
#debuglevel = 255

I'm not a postfix hacker, but maybe somebody can tell us why the
kolabHomeServer field is getting in the way.

thanks,

daniel//

--
Daniel E. Coletti