[Kolab-devel] RE : [kronolith] Kronolith & Kolab

Stuart K Bingë omicron-list at mighty.co.za
Fri Jan 21 16:22:41 CET 2005

On Friday, 21 January 2005 16:05, a.gungl at gmx.de wrote:

> > > Please also remember to file bug reports on bugs.horde.org (after
> > > checking for existing bugs that are similar).
>
> Okay, I'll try to summarize all found issues later today (if time
> permits). I just wanted to add my finding regarding the many ldap access
> errors in apache-error.log and horde.log.

You shouldn't be getting any PHP/LDAP errors in your apache logs.

> If you manipulate Prefs/ldap.php, you can avoid those lines. Just comment
> out the section below the comment /* Send the hash to the LDAP server. */
> in Prefs_ldap.store() and let the "if ($search)" some lines above evaluate
> to false.
>
> The problem behind the errors is IMO that Horde tries to find instances of
> class hordePerson using uid=<login> which will return an inetOrgPerson
> instance in the Kolab LDAP tree.

Are you sure that your LDAP settings (specifically, the Bind DN and Bind
Password fields) under the Kolab tab in the main Horde configuration are
correct?

Horde should automatically add an objectClass=hordePerson attribute to each
user that it touches, assuming it has the correct credentials to modify the
LDAP database. Only if Horde is unable to modify the LDAP tree does it spew
out those access errors in the PHP logs.

One thing that has changed in the most recent versions of Kolab2 is the
manager user is now under the "cn=internal,dc=your_organisation,dc=com"
branch; previously this was under the root "dc=your_organisation,dc=com"
branch (along with all the other users). This has caught me out before.

--
Stuart K Bingë