[Kolab-devel] RE : [kronolith] Kronolith & Kolab

a.gungl at gmx.de a.gungl at gmx.de
Mon Jan 24 09:45:37 CET 2005

Stuart K Bingë wrote:
> You shouldn't be getting any PHP/LDAP errors in your apache logs.

Sorry for breaking the thread and for my late response. I've found the
reason for my problems.

I can use my login name as well as my e-mail address to authenticate in
the Horde frontend. After some debugging it turned out that the ldap
search is done via mail=<used login>, but this of course cannot work when
I used my uid to log into Horde. The query would have to be uid=<used
login> and that's not supported ATM.

Using my e-mail address when logging into Horde results in proper LDAP
lookups.

Nevertheless, this is an issue, because IMO users will tend to use the uid
to log in. It's shorter because it doesn't include the domain and it can
be used in the other components of a Kolab installation. It would be nice
to be a little bit more flexible in this place.

Regards,
Andreas

--
10 GB Mailbox, 100 FreeSMS http://www.gmx.net/de/go/topmail