[Kolab-devel] RE: Kolab Functionality - Quick Poll

Bo Thorsen bo at sonofthor.dk
Sun May 18 10:21:07 CEST 2003

On Friday 16 May 2003 15:05, Dohmen, Manfred wrote:
> Here we go, in no particular order. I did not compile CVS recently and
> so may have missed new features. Desired client-features are mixed in,
> too...
>
> - Integration with Samba.

This is a distribution thing, not a kolab thing. Just because it could be
useful doesn't mean it has a place here.

> - Assigning email-addresses to public folders

That almost works, but it's not well documented, and it might be a good
idea to be able to assign more meaningful addresses to them.

> - "Many" email-addresses for the recipients. For example we assign
> miscellaneous spellings and misspellings, so that an email with a typo
> can reach the recipient.
> - LDAP-Query when creating a mail. Most people use a global
> address-book, not only their personal.

Coming in KDE 3.2.

> - Public contact-folders. And email-contacts from those must be
> "clickable" to send a mail, too. A selection of the address-book when
> looking up a address for an email is an absolute must.

Would be nice, yes.

> - Editing of HTML-Mails. Yes i know it's on KDE's wish-list

> - Forwarding of appointments to "uninvolved" people "just for
> information".
> - Forwarding of tasks "just for information".

Sending isn't a big problem - receiving is. But I can see that it could be
useful.

> - Forwarding of contacts.

Works already.

> - No new window when I open "my" contact-folder. Could the contacts be
> displayed "outlook-like" in the same application-window? Will this come
> up with Kontact?

Yes, that is the way it will work in Kontact.

Bo.

- --

     Klarälvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark