Kolab POSIX Users/Groups default uidNumber/gidNumber

Jan Kowalsky jankow at datenkollektiv.net
Mon Oct 26 20:41:21 CET 2015

Hi Eric,

look here:

https://git.kolab.org/diffusion/WAP/browse/master/lib/api/kolab_api_service_form_value.php;8eff748533a7b47d1d8156bbb3212647ca0f5d1f$885

            $highest_uidnumber = $conf->get('uidnumber_lower_barrier');
            if (!$highest_uidnumber) {
                $highest_uidnumber = 999;
            }

similar for gid-numbers.

So, if there is neither an existing posix user entry in your ldap the
1000 nor configuration value in kolab.conf 1000 is choosen.

so just add

uidnumber_lower_barrier = YOUR_NUMBER
gidnumber_lower_barrier = YOUR_NUMBER

to kolab.conf