Kolab POSIX Users/Groups default uidNumber/gidNumber

Eric Renfro psi-jack at linux-help.org
Fri Oct 23 18:33:55 CEST 2015

Right now Kolab 3.4 seems to default generation of default uidNumber and gidNumber at 1,000, which is generally considerable as bad practice with LDAP stored user information, dis-allowing, or more so conflicting local users vs LDAP users.

How do you change the generation to start at a higher number, for example 2000?

I've found an alternative way to get around this by setting the attributes of them to use generated, but not read-only values so I can manually put the numbers in, but this is... Not very wise to keep up. ;)

Eric Renfro