Some admin questions / Spam / Disable functions

Cornelius Hald hald at icandy.de
Wed Nov 12 14:27:03 CET 2014

Thanks for your answers!

On Wed, 2014-11-12 at 12:53 +1300, Torsten Grote wrote:
> On 11/12/2014 06:43 AM, Cornelius Hald wrote:
> > 1) Does Kolab learn about Spam and Ham by default? Is there a way to
> > give my users a button "Junk" in Roundcube, that moves the message to a
> > folder Spamassassin can learn from?
>
> You can create a (shared) folder for spam/ham where users can move email
> to where sa-learn picks them up from.

OK, so there is nothing out-of-the-box? I thought maybe there was,
because a Spam/Junk folder is created automatically for each new user.

I've just found the official docs on that, so I'll look into it.
http://docs.kolab.org/administrator-guide/combating-spam.html

> > 2) Is there a way to disable Roundcube functions (e.g. Notes) on user,
> > group, ou or domain basis?
> > 3) Is there a way to disable server function (e.g. ActiveSync) on user,
> > group, ou or domain basis?
>
> Might be possible. It works with roles for sure. Look into the
> kolab-auth plugin.

Thanks, will do.

> > 4) Where can I learn more about "Hosted" WAP? I know the files are
> > under /usr/share/kolab-webadmin/hosted and I can access via
> > https://<server>/hosted-kolab/
> > Unfortunately I cannot log in and do not find any information about its
> > purpose or configuration.
>
> You only should need this if you want to allow people to sign up for
> accounts on your server themselves. I wouldn't expose this to the
> outside via Apache.

Well, it's exposed by default, so I guess I'll disable it :)
Is that self signup only for individuals or does it support
organizations as well?

Cheers,
Conny