Fresh install of OpenSuSE 13.1 + Kolab

Martin Campbell martin at placefarm.com
Thu Dec 4 23:47:23 CET 2014

I'm having the same experience installing on openSUSE 13.1 as Tom
Reijnders did in April 2014.

FIRST time I run setup-kolab, I get this in /var/log/kolab/setup.error.log

Creating directory server . . .
Your new DS instance 'asusnero' was successfully created.
Creating the configuration directory server . . .
Beginning Admin Server creation . . .
Creating Admin Server files and directories . . .
Updating adm.conf . . .
Updating admpw . . .
Registering admin server with the configuration directory server . . .
Updating adm.conf with information from configuration directory server . . .
Updating the configuration for the httpd engine . . .
Error: command 'getsebool httpd_can_connect_ldap' failed - output
[getsebool:  SELinux is disabled] error []Starting admin server . . .
output: Job for dirsrv-admin.service failed. See 'systemctl status
dirsrv-admin.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.
Could not start the admin server.  Error: 256
Failed to create and configure the admin server
Exiting . . .
Log file is '/tmp/setupIoI4HJ.log'

This is caused by an error in line 135 of /etc/dirsrv/admin-serv/httpd.conf

I replace line 135
LoadModule nss_module         /usr/lib64/apache2/libmodnss.so
With
LoadModule nss_module         /usr/lib64/apache2/mod_nss.so

I guess that's a bug that needs to be fixed.

I try to clean up the directory server so that I can try and run
setup-kolab again.

# systemctl stop dirsrv.target
# rm -r /etc/dirsrv/slapd-*
# rm -r /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-*

SECOND time I run setup-kolab, it fails EARLIER, and I get this in
/var/log/kolab/setup.error.log

Creating directory server . . .
Your new DS instance 'asusnero' was successfully created.
Creating the configuration directory server . . .
Error: failed to open an LDAP connection to host
'asusnero.placefarm.com' port '389' as user 'cn=Directory Manager'.
Error: unknown.
Failed to create the configuration directory server
Exiting . . .
Log file is '/tmp/setupdrP09n.log'

Is there any way to stop the second error? Is there any way to clean up
better so that I can run setup-kolab again?

Martin