Integrate Kolab LDAP as user store for wordpress

Jeff Gilmore jeff at thegilmores.net
Thu Dec 4 23:55:32 CET 2014

Hi Scott,
Good thing to check.  It turns out (on Ubuntu at least) it does bind to the IP address.

I was able to use an LDAP browser tool (JXplorer) to navigate the tree and do some experiments, and I got it to work.  The relevant settings are shown below:

Account Filter
 (Defaults to samAccountName)
What LDAP field should we search the username against to locate the user's profile after successful login?
Account Suffix

Suffix to be automatically appended to the username if desired. e.g. @domain.com
NOTE: Changing this value will cause your existing directory users to have new accounts created the next time they login.
Base DN

The base DN for carrying out LDAP searches.
Bind DN

Enter a valid user account/DN to pre-bind with if your LDAP server does not allow anonymous profile searches, or requires a user with specific privileges to search.

I had to provide a valid user DN (shown as XXX above) and password in the Blind DN field, so apparently anonymous searches are disabled.  To confirm successful authentication, I used the field “alias” to be compared to the user string provided through Wordpress.

Jeff