Using Groups and Roles - Docs available?

Jeff Gilmore jeff at thegilmores.net
Fri Dec 5 02:35:50 CET 2014

In getting started using Kolab, I’m having trouble understanding how to properly assign rights to shared objects (like calendars, folders and address lists) and how to set up Groups for mailing lists or other purposes.  I see that Kolab uses Groups and Roles, but I don’t really see how they actually get used to assign privileges or how specific users get associated with them.

The Administrator Guide on the Wiki doesn’t seem to have much more than screen shots with little explanation, and Ihave not been able to discover it from navigating the webadmin screens.

Are there any docs (or well written posts) that discuss the basics of working with these things?  Short of that, can anyone spare the time for a few pointers to orient me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Jeff