Kolab Intermediate 2.4 Release

Heiner Markert mephisto at gmx.net
Wed May 9 15:59:00 CEST 2012

Am Wednesday 09 May 2012 14:30:31 schrieb Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems):
> On 2012-05-09 13:15, Heiner Markert wrote:
> > With C locale, I got error messages during the mysql-part (a few
> > steps later than in the above post). Unfortunately, my terminal
> > buffer
> > wasn't large enough to hold the errors, and with a second run of
> > setup-kolab, it fails during "Kolab Service"-step.
> >

> I would need a bit more detail on what happens here exactly, perhaps
> with a -d 9 command-line option (capture output with "setup-kolab -d 9
> 2>&1 | tee setup-kolab.log" for example), but I can say this:
> setup-kolab isn't as robust in that it blindly attempts to execute a
> series of actions whether they have been performed or attempted before.
>
> So, if the 389 LDAP server setup succeeds, a subsequent run of
> setup-kolab should not include the ldap component. See 'setup-kolab
> help' for a list of components.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jeroen van Meeuwen

I now tried to run setup-kolab mysql and learned that the "yum install kolab"-step did not install the mysql server. Additinally performing "yum install mysql-server" helped a lot.
For the mysql step, still two error messages occur:
MySQL root password [ejPiNDd7jl-NfWk]:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

But it seems to work at least partly, because a second call states
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
ERROR 1007 (HY000) at line 1: Can't create database 'kolab'; database exists
ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 43: Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'

I get additional errors in the "imap" step:
# LANG=C setup-kolab imap
cyrus-imapd beenden:                                       [  OK  ]
cyrus-imapd starten:                                       [  OK  ]
kolab-saslauthd beenden:                                   [FEHLGESCHLAGEN]
kolab-saslauthd starten: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/kolab-saslauthd", line 28, in <module>
    from pykolab.translate import _
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pykolab/__init__.py", line 43, in <module>
    from pykolab.conf import Conf
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pykolab/conf/__init__.py", line 31, in <module>
    from pykolab.constants import *
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pykolab/constants.py", line 41, in <module>
    "about Kolab or PyKolab, visit http://www.kolabsys.com")
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pykolab/translate.py", line 29, in <lambda>
    _ = lambda x: gettext.ldgettext(domain, x)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/gettext.py", line 540, in ldgettext
    codeset=_localecodesets.get(domain))
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/gettext.py", line 480, in translation
    t = _translations.setdefault(key, class_(open(mofile, 'rb')))
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/gettext.py", line 180, in __init__
    self._parse(fp)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/gettext.py", line 339, in _parse
    tmsg = unicode(tmsg, self._charset)
LookupError: unknown encoding: CHARSET
                                                           [FEHLGESCHLAGEN]

I needed to change the system default locale in order for this to work (change locale in /etc/sysconfig/i18n to "en_US.UTF-8").

Afterwards, the remaining steps worked ok (roundcube, z-push, freebusy) and I can see the kolab-webadmin in the browser.
However, I cannot login: What is the admin username? It used to be "manager" in earlier kolab versions, but that does not seem to work any longer. Or do I have to use a special username/password combination?

Regards
Heiner