Kolab Intermediate 2.4 Release

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Wed May 9 16:47:02 CEST 2012

On 2012-05-09 14:59, Heiner Markert wrote:
> Am Wednesday 09 May 2012 14:30:31 schrieb Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab
> Systems):
>> On 2012-05-09 13:15, Heiner Markert wrote:
>> > With C locale, I got error messages during the mysql-part (a few
>> > steps later than in the above post). Unfortunately, my terminal
>> > buffer
>> > wasn't large enough to hold the errors, and with a second run of
>> > setup-kolab, it fails during "Kolab Service"-step.
>> >

>> I would need a bit more detail on what happens here exactly, perhaps
>> with a -d 9 command-line option (capture output with "setup-kolab -d
>> 9
>> 2>&1 | tee setup-kolab.log" for example), but I can say this:
>> setup-kolab isn't as robust in that it blindly attempts to execute a
>> series of actions whether they have been performed or attempted
>> before.
>>
>> So, if the 389 LDAP server setup succeeds, a subsequent run of
>> setup-kolab should not include the ldap component. See 'setup-kolab
>> help' for a list of components.
>>

> I now tried to run setup-kolab mysql and learned that the "yum
> install kolab"-step did not install the mysql server.

I thought I had fixed that by now, but it appears I haven't - I'm
building an update to rectify this right now.

> I get additional errors in the "imap" step:
> # LANG=C setup-kolab imap
> cyrus-imapd beenden:                                       [  OK  ]
> cyrus-imapd starten:                                       [  OK  ]
> kolab-saslauthd beenden:
> [FEHLGESCHLAGEN]
> kolab-saslauthd starten: Traceback (most recent call last):
> (...snip...)
> LookupError: unknown encoding: CHARSET
>
> [FEHLGESCHLAGEN]

The error here is with the translation files. I've corrected the
problem by simply re-generating them all and pretending I have authored
them.

> Afterwards, the remaining steps worked ok (roundcube, z-push,
> freebusy) and I can see the kolab-webadmin in the browser.
> However, I cannot login: What is the admin username? It used to be
> "manager" in earlier kolab versions, but that does not seem to work
> any longer. Or do I have to use a special username/password
> combination?

You should initially use "cn=Directory Manager" with the password you
had supplied.

This will allow you to add new users, which, when added a role of
'kolab-admin' should be allowed to add/edit/remove users as well.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG